- Travis Waldron, “Bolsonaro’s Own Version of Jan. 6 Now Feels Inevitable in Brazil” (The Huffington Post, August 23, 2021).
The parade was only one recent indication that Bolsonaro hopes to use the military to bolster his attempts to either win the presidential contest in October 2022 or to claim fraud and remain in power if he doesn’t
- Juanita León, “La Corte Extendera el Periodo de la Comision de la Verdad” (La Silla Vacia (Colombia), August 23, 2021).
La decisión se tomará en las próximas semanas y extenderá el mandato por los siete u ocho meses que el padre de Roux dijo que necesitaban para terminar el informe y socializarlo
- Brian Kahn, “Trump’s Border Wall Torn Apart by Arizona Monsoon Rains” (Gizmodo, August 23, 2021).
Photos show former President Donald Trump’s border wall in deep disrepair after summer monsoon rains literally blew floodgates off their hinges
- Camilo Montoya-Galvez, “Supreme Court Pauses Reinstatement of Remain-in-Mexico Border Policy” (CBS News, August 23, 2021).
The suspension of the lower court order expires Tuesday at midnight
- Uriel J. Garcia, “As Gov. Greg Abbott Beefs Up Border Enforcement, Some Locals Want Very Different Kinds of Help” (The Texas Tribune, August 23, 2021).
Amid the heated rhetoric around an increase in migrants, people on opposite ends of the Texas-Mexico border see the problems — and solutions — differently