- “Victimas y Congresistas Rechazan Ascensos de Policias y Militares Investigados” (El Colombiano (Medellin Colombia), December 2, 2021).
Consideraron que entre los postulados hay denuncias por presunta violación de derechos humanos en las pasadas jornadas de protesta de los años 2019, 2020 y 2021, como también por falsos positivos
Mexico, U.S.-Mexico Border
- Nick Miroff, Kevin Sieff, “U.S. and Mexico Reach Deal to Restart Trump-Era ‘Remain in Mexico’ Program Along Border” (The Washington Post, December 2, 2021).
Implementation of the program, formerly known as the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP), is expected to begin next week in San Diego and in the Texas cities of Brownsville, Laredo and El Paso
- Curt Prendergast, Alex Devoid, “Migrant Deaths: Migrant Deaths Never the ‘Immediate Crisis at Hand’” (The Arizona Daily Star, December 2, 2021).
As a political issue, the deaths of thousands of migrants in Southern Arizona rarely appear at the forefront of federal lawmakers’ discussions
- Ken Klippenstein, “The Biden Administration’s Game of Chicken With Border Patrol Over Vaccines” (The Intercept, December 2, 2021).
While the agent’s email starts off angry — “You said, ‘STOP THE SPREAD!!’ but that should have been our battle cry, ‘STOP THE SPREAD OF ILLEGAL ALIENS INTO THE COUNTRY’” — it ends with the agent admitting he would ultimately comply with the mandate
- Valentina Lares, Nathan Jaccard, “Trail of Venezuela’s Stolen Billions Leads to Caribbean Luxury Properties” (Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project, December 2, 2021).
People linked to alleged corruption in Venezuela appear to have invested millions in luxury properties in the Caribbean