- Rafael Moro Martins, “Documento de Treinamento Anti-Esquerda Do Exercito Tem Mlt, Partido Dos Operarios e Midia Samurai Como Inimigos” (The Intercept, December 7, 2021).
Simulação feita em 2020 revela como a tropa de elite do Exército está sendo treinada para combater a esquerda e movimentos sociais
- Bram Ebus, “Five Years After ‘Peace’, the Colombian Communities Living in Forced Confinement” (The New Humanitarian, December 7, 2021).
Many Afro-Colombian and Indigenous settlements in Chocó province are trapped by a fresh wave of violence by non-state armed groups
- Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vermont), “Statement on Cuba” (U.S. Senate, December 7, 2021).
I find the situation between our two countries today bewildering, tragic, and exasperating
Haiti, U.S.-Mexico Border
- Hamed Aleaziz, “An Internal Document Shows Dhs Officials Advised Against Haitian Deportations, Fearing They Could Violate Human Rights Obligations” (BuzzFeed, December 7, 2021).
The existence of a late summer internal warning about removals to Haiti from DHS’ Office for Civil Rights and Civil Liberties (CRCL), including discussions of violating international standards, sheds new light on how some within the department had deep concerns
- “Control Ciudadano: Al Menos 73 Personas Fueron “Abatidas” por Policias y Militares en Venezuela Durante el Mes de Noviembre” (Asociación Civil Control Ciudadano (Venezuela), December 7, 2021).
La práctica de ejecutar presuntos delincuentes se ha convertido en una política de Estado