Western Hemisphere Regional
- Patricia Mazzei, “Biden to Nominate a Cuban American Democrat to Be the U.S. Ambassador to o.a.s.” (The New York Times, July 29, 2021).
Mr. Mora was a fixture on Mr. Biden’s campaign in Florida last year, becoming a familiar face on television news programs in both English and Spanish
- “Colombia Monitoreo de Territorios Afectados por Cultivos Ilicitos 2020” (UN Office on Drugs and Crime, July 29, 2021).
Por tercer an?o consecutivo se presenta reduccio?n del a?rea sembrada con coca; sin embargo, la coca sigue en la parte ma?s alta de la serie histo?rica
- Ernesto Londono, Daniel Politi, “‘Terror’: Crackdown After Protests in Cuba Sends a Chilling Message” (The New York Times, July 29, 2021).
The crackdown has paralyzed, at least for now, the rebellious spirit that took hold on the island for a few hours on that recent Sunday
- Mary Beth Sheridan, Kevin Sieff, “Mexico Declares $3 Billion U.S. Security Deal ‘Dead,’ Seeks Revamp” (The Washington Post, July 29, 2021).
“The Merida Initiative is dead. It doesn’t work, okay?” Mexican Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard told The Washington Post
- Valerie Gonzalez, “Uncertainty Follows Governor’s Order to Pull Over Vehicles Transporting Migrants” (The Monitor, July 29, 2021).
Abbott’s order will mainly impact shelters like the respite center where volunteers drive migrants from the center to other overflow facilities, quarantine hotels, bus stations or airports