- Andrés Bermúdez Liévano, “Colombia’s Trc Gets an Extension to Jump Over the Elections” (Justiceinfo.net, October 14, 2021).
This will allow the Commission to avoid becoming a punching bag during next year’s presidential election, and defer questions on its impact and legacy
- Joshua Goodman, “Colombian Cop Who Ran Squad Vetted by Dea Pleads Guilty” (Associated Press, Associated Press, October 14, 2021).
Mosquera’s 2018 arrest and subsequent extradition to the U.S. was another overseas embarrassment for the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, which has grappled for years with corrupt cops and deadly leaks by foreign law enforcement
- Arturo Angel, Alberto Pradilla, “Guardia Nacional se Niega a Dar Datos de Uso de la Fuerza y el Armamento para Contener Protestas” (Animal Politico (Mexico), October 14, 2021).
La Guardia Nacional reservó por un período de cinco años el inventario de armamento no letal y el material para la contención de manifestaciones
- Roberto Lopez Dubois, “Us Donates Search Boat, 15 Vehicles to Panama” (Dialogo (U.S. Southern Command), October 14, 2021).
- Camilo Montoya-Galvez, “Few Migrants Processed Under Title 42 Border Policy Are Screened for U.S. Protection” (CBS News, October 14, 2021).
As of the end of September, only 3,217 migrants processed under the public health law have been referred for interviews with U.S. asylum officers