I’m writing on a plane to San Diego. I’ll be spending the rest of the week there and in Tijuana, meeting lots of people whom I either haven’t seen in a long time or am looking forward to meeting for the first time.
There’s a lot to talk about here.
- Border Patrol and CBP accountability issues
- How might asylum processing work if Title 42 ends
- Lessons from the rapid processing of 20,000 Ukrainians
- Situation of remaining Ukrainians
- What is happening with all other nationalities who are awaiting a chance to seek asylum?
- What became of those cleared from the Chaparral Plaza encampment?
- What is becoming of those forced to “Remain in Mexico” in Tijuana?
- What nationalities are coming to Tijuana in greatest numbers now?
- Are shelters keeping up / coping?
- There are now long-term immigrant communities in Tijuana, especially the Haitians who settled starting in 2016. How are they faring?
- The security situation in Tijuana seems dire. Lots more military being deployed. What is happening?