I’m not sure why items tend to congregate around a single day, but August 5 is one of those days for me.
- The New York Times just published my column (second one in three months!) about Colombia’s troubling surplus of retired soldiers, who are massively entering the international market for contractors and mercenaries.
- I’m moderating a WOLA event about forced eradication of illicit crops in Latin America, with colleagues from Bolivia, Colombia, and Mexico.
- WOLA will be publishing a big analysis / explainer piece about the situation at the border.
- We’re recording a podcast this afternoon about Cuba, which we’ll post shortly afterward.
- I’m on a panel this evening hosted by Colombia’s El Espectador to talk about coca cultivation and drug policy.
I look forward to posting links to all of those.