Wednesday, January 25, 2023
- 10:00-11:00 at csis.org: Mining, Climate Risks, and the Western Hemisphere (RSVP required).
- 12:30-1:30 at wilsoncenter.org: Venezuela in 2023 and Beyond: Charting a New Course (RSVP required).
- 3:00 at ABA Zoom: Electronic Monitoring of Migrants: Alternative to Detention or Just Another Form of Punitive Custody? (RSVP required).
- 4:00-5:00 at Georgetown University Intercultural Center: Paraguay’s Future in a Turbulent Continent (RSVP required).
Thursday, January 26, 2023
- 11:00-12:30 at thdialogue.org: The Future of Women in STEM – Challenges and Opportunities in LAC (RSVP required).
- 6:00-8:00 at Busboys and Poets 14th and V NW: “After Ayotzinapa”: The Case of the 43 Disappeared Students in Mexico (RSVP required).
Friday, January 27, 2023
- 6:00-7:30 at American University Spring Valley Building: A Look Inside Venezuela: An Expert Conversation With Author William Neuman (RSVP required).
Tuesday, January 17
- 9:45-4:00 at juridicas.unam.mx: Seminario “Desmilitarizar a México: ¿dónde estamos y hacia dónde vamos?” (RSVP required).
Wednesday, January 18
Thursday, January 19
- 11:00-3:15 at juridicas.unam.mx: Seminario “Desmilitarizar a México: ¿dónde estamos y hacia dónde vamos?” (RSVP required).
- 12:30-1:30 at atlanticcouncil.org: A conversation with General Laura J. Richardson on security across the Americas (RSVP required).
Monday, December 12
- 3:00-4:30 at csis.org: Defending Transparency and Advancing Anticorruption in the Western Hemisphere (RSVP required).
Tuesday, December 13
Wednesday, December 14
- 1:30-3:00 at wilsoncenter.org: 200 Years of U.S.-Mexico Bilateral Relations: An Ambassadorial Perspective (RSVP required).
Thursday, December 15
- 1:00-2:00 at atlanticcouncil.org: US-Mexico ties at the bicentennial and weeks from NALS (RSVP required).
Monday, December 5
- 11:00-12:30 at the Wilson Center: Protecting, Defending and Promoting Civic Space in Central America (RSVP required).
- 11:00 at Inter-American Human Rights System social media networks: Los retos de la independencia judicial en las democracias actuales (RSVP required).
- 2:00-3:00 at wola.org: Perspectives on Civil Society Consultation in Venezuela Negotiations (RSVP required).
- 2:30-3:15 at CSIS and csis.org: The Convergence of National Security and Homeland Security: A Conversation with DHS Secretary Alejandro N. Mayorkas (RSVP required).
Wednesday, December 7
- 10:00-11:00 at thedialogue.org: Ambassador Dialogues: US-Ecuador Relations (RSVP required).
- 3:00 at Hispanics for Philanthropy Zoom: Migration Policy Impacts // Los Impactos de las Políticas Migratorias (RSVP required).
Thursday, December 8
- 9:00-9:45 at the Wilson Center: A Conversation with Buenos Aires Mayor Horacio Rodríguez Larreta (RSVP required).
- 2:30-4:00 at the Wilson Center: Brazil – U.S. Climate Dialogues: Research and Scientific Cooperation (RSVP required).
Friday, December 9
- 8:00-9:00 at csis.org: Hydrogen Development in Latin America: Varying Scenarios for Chile and Paraguay (RSVP required).
- 11:00-12:00 at thedialogue.org: A Conversation with Jorge Castañeda Gutman on the Future of Democracy in the Americas (RSVP required).
Monday, November 28
- 10:00-11:15 at wilsoncenter.org: Feeding the World: A Conversation with Latin American & Caribbean Agriculture Ministers (RSVP required).
Tuesday, November 29
- 9:00-10:00 at atlanticcouncil:org: Mapping president-elect Lula’s first 100 days (RSVP required).
Thursday, December 1
- 1:00-2:30 at thedialogue.org: Grading the Pacific Alliance—What Progress on Cross-Pacific Economic Connectivity? (RSVP required).
Monday, November 7
- 10:00–11:00 at thedialogue.org: Brazil Elections – What’s Next? (RSVP required).
Tuesday, November 8
- 11:00–12:00 at thedialogue.org: Power in Brazil – Energy Policy Post-Election (RSVP required).
Wednesday, November 9
- 2:00–3:15 at csis.org: “Panel 3: Forgotten Crisis: Tackling Humanitarian Challenges in Haiti” at 2022 Washington Humanitarian Forum: Closing the Gap (RSVP required).
Thursday, November 10
- 2:00 at wola.org and thedialogue.org: Militarization in Mexico: a discussion of the future of security, human rights, and civil-military relations (RSVP required).
Monday, October 17
Tuesday, October 18
- 1:00-2:30 at wola.org Zoom: Abuse, Accountability, and Organizational Culture at U.S. Border Law Enforcement Agencies (RSVP required).
- 2:30-4:00 at wola.org Zoom: Human Rights and the Changing Colombia-Venezuela Relationship (RSVP required).
Wednesday, October 19
Thursday, October 20
- 1:00 at PUCP Zoom and Facebook Live: El legado del fujimorismo (RSVP required).
Tuesday, October 11
- 2:00-3:00 at csis.org: Revisiting Counter-Narcotics Policy in the Western Hemisphere (RSVP required).
Wednesday, October 12
- 2:00-5:45 at Georgetown University and Youtube: Economic Stabilization and Reform Options for Argentina (RSVP required).
Thursday, October 13
- 2:00-3:30 at USIP and online: Faces of Violence: Understanding Colombia’s Conflict through the Lens of Jesús Abad Colorado (RSVP required).
- 5:30 at GWU Elliott School: The Only Latina in the Room Female Representation in National Security (RSVP required).
Friday, October 14
- 9:45-2:15 at GWU Elliott School: On the Road – Migration in the 21st Century (RSVP required).
- 10:30-12:00 at Zoom: Creating a Favorable Environment for Negotiations in Venezuela: Prospects for Resuming Talks and the Role of U.S. Stakeholders (RSVP required).
Monday, October 3
- 9:00 at atlanticcouncil.org: Brazil votes: Where do we go from here? (RSVP required).
Tuesday, October 4
- 11:00 at humanrightscommission.house.gov: Hearing of the Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission on Considerations on Economic Sanctions.
- 3:00–4:30 at wilsoncenter.org: Traitor, Survivor, Icon: La Malinche – Expressions of Gender-Based Violence from Mexico’s Inception (RSVP required).
Thursday, October 6
Monday, September 26, 2022
- 10:00-11:00 at wilsoncenter.org: What’s Next for Brazil? The 2022 Elections and Beyond (RSVP required).
Tuesday, September 27, 2022
- 10:00 at the Atlantic Council and atlanticcouncil.org: US-Mexico border: How can greater efficiencies enhance economic potential? (RSVP required).
Wednesday, September 28, 2022
- 10:00-10:45 at csis.org: Press Briefing: Previewing Brazil’s General Election (RSVP required).
Thursday, September 29, 2022
Friday, September 30, 2022
- 10:30-2:00 at cide.edu: Network to Address the Economic Consequences of Violence in Mexico (RSVP required).
Monday, September 19
Tuesday, September 20
Wednesday, September 21
Thursday, September 22
- 9:00-10:15 at wilsoncenter.org: Reducing Poverty in Mexico: The Case of the State of Oaxaca (RSVP required).
Monday, September 12
Tuesday, September 13
- 11:30 at CESCOS/Universidad ORT Uruguay: La Relación China-Estados Unidos y las Consecuencias para América Latina (RSVP required).
- 3:30-5:00 at the Wilson Center and wilsoncenter.org: 200 Years of Bilateral Relations: The Perspective of the U.S. Ambassadors (RSVP required).
Wednesday, September 14
- 9:00-10:15 at thedialogue.org: Competing Visions for Economic and Security Partnership in the Pacific — What Role for Latin America? (RSVP required).
- 9:00 at CINEP YouTube and Facebook Live: Resistencia al genocidio desde el centro y el sur del Cesar.
- 11:00-12:00 at thedialogue.org: Social Impact Investing – Trends in Latin American & the Caribbean Amid Turbulent Times (RSVP required).
- 2:00-3:00 at thedialogue.org: Educational Connectivity in Complex Areas – A Call to Action to Solve Connectivity Gaps in Latin America (RSVP required).
- 4:00 at atlanticcouncil.org: Leaders of the Americas: A conversation with José Gregorio Baquero, CEO of CMI Foods (RSVP required).
Thursday, September 15
Tuesday, September 6
Wednesday, September 7
- 9:00 at Provea online: ¿Qué aprendemos de las protestas del año 2017? (RSVP required).
Thursday, September 8
- 11:00-12:00 at thedialogue.org: Offshore Wind Energy in LAC – Gauging Speed and Direction (RSVP required).
- 12:00-1:00 at atlanticcouncil.org: Rechazo: The vote on Chile’s constitutional plebiscite and what it means beyond national borders (RSVP required).
- 2:00-3:00 at Hispanics in Philanthropy Zoom: Philanthropy in Cuba: Supporting Food Systems Transformations (RSVP required).
- 4:00-5:00 at Witness at the Border mobilize.us: Journey for Justice: a Border Pilgrimage (RSVP required).
Friday, September 9
- 10:00-11:30 at WOLA.org: A Compounding Crisis: Domestic Shortcomings, U.S. policies, and the Impact on Everyday Cubans (RSVP required).
- 12:00 at UCSD USMEX Zoom: El impacto de la sequía en la relación México-Estados Unidos (RSVP required).
- 1:00-5:00 at American University and Facebook Live: The Threat of Illegal, Unreported, and Unregulated Fishing in Latin America and the Caribbean (RSVP required).
Tuesday, July 26, 2022
- 10:00 in 216 Hart Senate Office Building and online: Hearing of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee on Fighting Fentanyl: The Federal Response to a Growing Crisis.
- 11:00-12:00 at thedialogue.org: Cancer & Covid-19: New Challenges to Controlling Cancer in Latin America and the Caribbean (RSVP required).
- 1:00-2:00 at the Wilson Center: A Conversation with President Irfaan Ali of Guyana (RSVP required).
Wednesday, July 27, 2022
- 11:00-12:00 at the Inter-American Dialogue: Colombian Energy Policy under Petro (RSVP required).
- 1:00-2:00 at CSIS and online: Strengthening the Guyana – U.S. Relationship (RSVP required).
- 2:00 in 310 Cannon House Office Building and online: Hearing of the House Homeland Security Subcommittee on Border Security, Facilitation, & Operations on Assessing CBP’s Use of Facial Recognition Technology.
- 3:00-3:45 at AS-COA Zoom: How to Make Nearshoring in Latin America a Reality (RSVP required).
- 4:00-5:00 at USIP and usip.org: Images From Central America’s Wars and Its Unfinished Peace (RSVP required).
- 8:00pm at CCINOC Zoom, Facebook, YouTube: La Lista Engel en el Norte de Centroamérica (RSVP required for Zoom).
Thursday, July 28, 2022
Friday, July 29, 2022
- 10:00-11:15 at the Brookings Institution and brookings.edu: The future of the US-Colombia relationship: A conversation with Ambassador Juan Carlos Pinzón (RSVP required).
- 12:00-1:30 at Georgetown Zoom: Extraction and Exploitation: The Effects of Mining on Religious Communities (RSVP required).
All times are U.S. Eastern.
Monday, July 18
- 10:00 at IACHR and online: Cuba, one year after #11J (RSVP required).
Tuesday, July 19
Wednesday, July 20
Friday, July 22