- Caroline Stauffer, “Native Peoples Sour on Morales, Bolivia’s First Indigenous President” (Reuters **, August 24, 2018).
After clashes with native groups over development, and controversial maneuvers to stay in office, indigenous voters are now turning against him
- “Asi se Roban la Tierra en Colombia” (Mongabay, Semana (Colombia), August 24, 2018).
Funcionarios públicos como notarios, registradores y jueces se alían con los criminales para amenazar a los campesinos y obligarlos a vender a precios muy por debajo del valor real de los predios
- Rafael Carranza, “Trump’s Border Wall Prototypes Fail Design Requirements and Are Riddled With Deficiencies” (The Arizona Republic, August 22, 2018).
The conclusions listed in the report point to serious challenges in building some, if not all, of the prototypes as they were erected in San Diego, because of structural issues in their design or with construction
- John Vidal, “How Guatemala Is Sliding Into Chaos in the Fight for Land and Water” (The Guardian (Uk), August 20, 2018).
The killings have probably been orchestrated by more powerful political and financial interests, with links to the drug trade and the military
- Dom Phillips, Gary Calton, “Lost Tribes: The 1,000km Rainforest Mission to Protect an Amazon Village” (The Guardian (Uk), August 21, 2018).
Dom Phillips and Gary Calton joined an expedition to track the whereabouts of an uncontacted tribe, who threaten the safety of Brazil’s Marubo people