Tuesday, May 23
- 8:30-10:30 at FIU in Washington: The New Face of Central American Gangs: MS-13 and the Gang Phenomenon in El Salvador.
- 9:00–11:00 at the Inter-American Dialogue: New Approaches to Central America’s Gangs (RSVP required).
- 9:00–5:00 at CSIS: Command Climate: The State of U.S. Civil-Military Relations (RSVP required).
- 2:30 in Room 124, Dirksen Senate Office Building: Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Hearing to Review U.S. Assistance for Central America.
- 2:30 in Room 226, Dirksen Senate Office Building: Hearing of the Senate Judiciary Border Security and Immigration Subcommittee on Building America’s Trust Through Border Security: Progress on the Southern Border.
Wednesday, May 24
- 9:00–10:30 at WOLA: Cuba: Current Political and Economic Developments (RSVP required).
- 10:00 in Room 342, Dirksen Senate Office Building: Hearing of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee on Border Insecurity: The Rise of MS–13 and Other Transnational Criminal Organizations.
- 10:00–11:00 via teleconference: Venezuela’s Deepening Crisis: What Way Out? (RSVP required).
- 1:00 in Room 2172, Rayburn House Office Building: House Foreign Affairs Western Hemisphere Subcommittee Markup of H. Res. 259 (Venezuela) and H.R. 1918 (Nicaragua).
- 2:30–4:30 at the Inter-American Dialogue: A Conversation with Sergio Fajardo (RSVP required).
- 3:00 in Room 2358-A, Rayburn House Office Building: Hearing of the House Appropriations Homeland Security Subcommittee on The DHS FY 18 Budget Request.
- 3:30–5:00 at the Permanent Mission of Canada to the OAS: Evolution of the rights of LGBTI persons in Canada and the Americas (RSVP required).
Thursday, May 25
- 9:30 in Room 342, Dirksen Senate Office Building: Hearing of the Senate Homeland Security Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations on Stopping the Shipment of Synthetic Opioids: Oversight of U.S. Strategy to Combat Illicit Drugs.
- 10:00–12:00 at the Reagan Building: Prosperity and Security in the Northern Triangle: An Outlook from Honduran Civil Society (RSVP required).
- 10:30 in Room 138, Dirksen Senate Office Building: Hearing of the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Homeland Security on Review of the FY2018 Budget Request for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- 1:30–4:30 at the Brookings Institution: Trade, security, and the U.S.-Mexico relationship (RSVP required).