Monday, April 23
- 5:00 in room 419, Dirksen Senate Office Building: Business meeting of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee “to consider the nomination of Mike Pompeo, of Kansas, to be Secretary of State, and routine lists in the Foreign Service”.
Tuesday, April 24
- 9:00-10:00 at the Wilson Center: Mexican Presidential Candidate Series: A Conversation with Sergio Alcocer (RSVP required).
- 9:00-11:00 at the Inter-American Dialogue: Freedom of Expression in the Americas: Persistent Threats and Emerging Challenges (RSVP required).
- 9:00-5:00 at George Mason University Arlington Campus: Colombia’s Peaceful Transition.
- 2:30 in room 192, Dirksen Senate Office Building: Senate Appropriations State and Foreign Operations Subcommittee meets for Hearing “to Review the FY19 Budget Request for the U.S. Agency for International Development”.
Wednesday, April 25
- 2:00 in room 210, House Capitol Visitor Center: House Homeland Security Committee meets for Hearing on “Border Security, Commerce and Travel: Commissioner Mcaleenan’s Vision for the Future of CBP”.
- 3:30-5:00 at CSIS: Systemic Threats to Press Freedom in Venezuela (RSVP required).
Thursday, April 26
- 10:00 in room 2172, Rayburn House Office Building: House Foreign Affairs Committee meets for Markup of Department of State Authorization Act of 2018.
- 10:00 in room 2362-A, Rayburn House Office Building: House Appropriations Committee meets for FY 2019 Budget Hearing – United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- 10:00 in room 210, House Capitol Visitor Center: House Homeland Security Committee meets for Hearing on “Strengthening the Safety and Security of our Nation: the President’s FY2019 Budget Request for the Department of Homeland Security”.
- 10:00 in room 342, Dirksen Senate Office Building: Hearing of the Senate Homeland Security Committee on “Oversight of HHS and DHS Efforts to Protect Unaccompanied Alien Children from Human Trafficking and Abuse”.
- 10:00-12:00 at the Wilson Center: The Venezuelan Crisis – What is Russia’s Role? (RSVP required).