Latin America-related events in Washington this week
Monday, December 3
- 11:30–1:00 at the Atlantic Council: China-Latin America Trade at a Moment of Uncertainty: What Lies Ahead in 2019? (RSVP required).
- 2:30–5:00 at the Inter-American Dialogue: Human Rights and Grand Corruption: What Role for International Law? (RSVP required).
Tuesday, December 4
- 9:00–11:00 at the Inter-American Dialogue: Defending LGBTIQ Rights in Latin America: Obstacles and Advancements in Law and Culture (RSVP required).
- 6:30–8:00 at The Potter’s House: Book Talk by John Lindsay-Poland on “Plan Colombia” (RSVP required).
Wednesday, December 5
- 9:00–4:30 at the OAS: Elected Officials Advancing Hemispheric Priorities Through Inclusion and Diversity (RSVP required).
- 5:45–7:30 at 1730 Pennsylvania Ave NW: Constitutional Courts and the Defense of Democracy, Rights, and Liberties (RSVP required).
- 6:00–8:00 at Georgetown University: Rescuing Venezuela: The Role of the International Community (RSVP required).
Thursday, December 6
- 8:30–10:00 at WOLA: Bolsonaro’s Election in Brazil: What are the Implications for Democratic Governance and Human Rights? (RSVP required).
- 5:30–7:00 at WOLA: IACHR Reception: Honoring Latin American Human Rights Defenders (RSVP required).