Latin America-related events in Washington this week
Tuesday, March 5
- 8:30–11:00 at the Inter-American Dialogue: Political Finance and State Capture in the Americas (RSVP required).
- 9:00–3:30 at the Wilson Center: The Outlook for Mexico’s Energy Sector under the AMLO Administration (RSVP required).
- 3:30–6:00 at the Inter-American Dialogue: Book Launch: Unfulfilled Promises – Latin America Today (RSVP required).
Wednesday, March 6
Thursday, March 7
- 7:30–1:00 at the Inter-American Dialogue: Media and Democracy in the Americas II: #NoSoyTuEnemigo (RSVP required).
- 9:00–10:45 at the Wilson Center: Powering Brazil: The Outlook for Brazil’s Energy Sector (RSVP required).
- 10:00 in Room 419, Dirksen Senate Office Building: Hearing of the Senate Foreign Relations Subcommittee on Western Hemisphere, Transnational Crime, Civilian Security, Democracy, Human Rights, and Global Women’s Issues on U.S.-Venezuela Relations and the Path to a Democratic Transition.
- 10:00 in Room H–309, Capitol Building: Hearing of the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies on Executive Office for Immigration Review.
- 2:00 in Room 310, Cannon House Office Building: Hearing of the House Homeland Security Subcommittee on Oversight, Management, and Accountability on CBP Workforce Challenges: Exploring Solutions to Address Recruitment and Retention.
Friday, March 8
- 9:00–11:00 at the Wilson Center: The Challenges of Rural Reform in Colombia (RSVP required).