Latin America-related events in Washington this week
Monday, May 6
- 9:30-11:30 at the Inter-American Dialogue: Is Haiti Back on the Brink? (RSVP required).
- 10:00-11:30 at the Stimson Center: Growth in Global Arms Transfers and Military Spending (RSVP required).
- 1:30-2:30 at AEI: The future of US-Colombia relations: A conversation with Colombian Vice President Marta Lucía Ramírez (RSVP required).
Wednesday, May 8
Thursday, May 9
- 8:30-10:30 at the Inter-American Dialogue: Corruption, Criminality, and Justice in a Post-Transition Venezuela (RSVP required).
- 9:00-11:00 at CSIS: The Consequences of Cutting U.S. Aid to the Northern Triangle (RSVP required).
- 10:00 in Room 2172, Rayburn House Office Building: Hearing of the House Foreign Affairs Western Hemisphere, Civilian Security, and Trade Subcommittee on Dollar Diplomacy or Debt Trap? Examining China’s Role in the Western Hemisphere.
- 1:00-2:30 at WOLA: Soldiers, Police, and Politics: Civil-Military Relations in Latin America Today (RSVP required).
- 2:00 in Room 310, Cannon House Office Building: Hearing of the House Homeland Security Border Security, Facilitation, and Operations Subcommittee on A Review of the FY 2020 Budget Request for U.S. Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
Friday, May 10
- 9:15-11:30 at the Inter-American Dialogue: Prospects for Energy Resource Development in Latin America (RSVP required).
- 10:00-11:30 at CSIS: The Path Forward in Venezuela: Insights from a New National Poll (RSVP required).
- 10:30-12:00 at the Wilson Center: Present and Future of Argentina’s Economy: A Conversation with Axel Kicillof (RSVP required).