Monday, December 9
- 1:30 at WOLA: Protests in the Andes: Perspectives on Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, and Peru (RSVP required).
Tuesday, December 10
- 8:30–10:15 at the Atlantic Council: Venezuelan illegal mining: Transnational crime, displacement, and violence (RSVP required).
- 9:00–11:00 at the Inter-American Dialogue: Upheavals in Chile & Bolivia (RSVP required).
- 10:00 in Room 2172, Rayburn House Office Building: Hearing of the House Foreign Affairs Western Hemisphere Subcommittee on Haiti on the Brink: Assessing U.S. Policy Toward a Country in Crisis.
- 11:30–1:30 at the Inter-American Dialogue: New Leadership in Argentina & Bolsonaro’s First Year (RSVP required).
- 5:00–6:30 at CEJIL: Reflections on mass mobilizations in Latin America and beyond.
Wednesday, December 11
- 8:30–11:00 at the National Press Club: Mexico’s Energy Sector Under AMLO (RSVP required).
- 2:00 in Room 2255, Rayburn House Office Building: Hearing of the Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission on Human Rights and Corruption in Honduras.
Friday, December 13
- 8:30–11:00 at the Inter-American Dialogue: Is Democracy in Trouble? Latin America in Global Perspective (RSVP required).
- 2:00 at the Brookings Institution: AMLO’s first year: Mexico’s political, economic, and security trends (RSVP required).