December 26, 2017
- Jonathan Blitzer, “The Teens Trapped Between a Gang and the Law” (The New Yorker, December 26, 2017).
Many of the victims of MS-13 on Long Island are immigrants themselves, and a large number of them came to the U.S. as unaccompanied minors
- Danielle Marie Mackey, “The Election Fraud in Honduras Follows Decades of Corruption Funded by the U.S. War on Drugs” (The Intercept, December 26, 2017).
It’s rooted in corruption fed by the Honduran and international elite for generations. Atop this foundation, the 2017 electoral conflict rages
- Azam Ahmed, “Using Billions in Government Cash, Mexico Controls News Media” (The New York Times, December 26, 2017).
“You can’t compete with a government that pays $500 million a year to the media”
- Dan Collyns, “Peru’s Jailed Ex-President Alberto Fujimori Pardoned, Sparking Protests” (The Guardian (Uk), December 26, 2017).
“I think PPK has considered using the pardon to divide Fujimorismo and make a pact with Kenji”
- Andrea Zarate, “Peru in Uproar After Fujimori, a Rights Violator, Gets Medical Pardon” (The New York Times, December 26, 2017).
Mr. Kuczynski granted the pardon just after he narrowly escaped being impeached by Congress over accusations connecting him to a graft scandal extending across Latin America