November 3, 2020
- Sergio Gomez Maseri, “‘Trump Politizo y Socavo Relacion Bipartidista Con Colombia’: Biden” (El Tiempo (Colombia), November 3, 2020).
Biden no solo recuerda que lleva dos décadas empujando por forjar una alianza estratégica entre ambas naciones, también asegura que, de ganar en los comicios, esta será una de sus altas prioridades
- Sergio Gomez Maseri, “‘Si Biden Gana, Traicionaria a Colombia’: Trump” (El Tiempo (Colombia), November 3, 2020).
En diálogo con EL TIEMPO, el republicano le pide a los colombianos en EE. UU. para que lo respalden
- Genevieve Glatsky, “‘I Will Be Left With Nothing’: Why Colombians Are Watching the U.S. Election Closely” (Politico, November 3, 2020).
Colombia’s drug policy will not be top of mind for most Americans heading to the polls, but for Colombians, the future of U.S. foreign policy in the region has serious consequences
- “Entrevista Exclusiva a Joe Biden en Cibercuba” (CiberCuba, November 3, 2020).
“Empoderar al pueblo cubano para determinar su propio futuro es fundamental para la seguridad nacional de Estados Unidos (…) y será la pieza central de mi enfoque”, declaró Biden
Cuba, U.S.-Mexico Border
- Adolfo Flores, “Cuban Asylum-Seekers Stranded at the Us–Mexico Border Are Drumming Up Support for Biden” (BuzzFeed, November 3, 2020).
It is much harder to reach and convince voters who don’t have a direct connection to someone in the MPP program
- Inigo Alexander, “Indigenous Guatemalan Journalist Faces Charges After Reporting on Protest” (NACLA, November 3, 2020).
The arrest of Maya K’iche’ journalist Anastasia Mejía exposes the Central American country’s ongoing assault on press freedom
- Jeff Masters ph.d., “‘Extremely Dangerous’ Hurricane Eta May Cause Catastrophe in Central America” (Yale Climate Connections, November 3, 2020).
At 1 p.m. EST Monday, Eta was a category 3 hurricane with 120 mph winds
- Mexico’s Poppy Farmers in Increasingly Dire Straitsparker Asmann, “Mexico’s Poppy Farmers in Increasingly Dire Straits” (InsightCrime, November 3, 2020).
Most recently, this has been driven by a sharp drop in the price of opium gum — the raw ingredient cultivated to produce heroin — as well as a complex set of criminal, social and political factors
- “Mexican Journalist Arturo Alba Shot and Killed in Ciudad Juarez” (Committee to Protect Journalists, November 3, 2020).
In the evening of October 29, unidentified assailants shot and killed Alba, host of the daily television news show “Telediario,” in Ciudad Juárez
- Camilo Montoya-Galvez, “How Trump Officials Used Covid-19 to Shut U.S. Borders to Migrant Children” (CBS News, November 3, 2020).
According to two of the former officials, career experts at the CDC’s Division of Global Migration and Quarantine — which would have jurisdiction over border measures to contain the virus — refused to be involved in the expulsions order
- Deborah Bonello, Jeff Ernst, “Migrants at Mexico Border Not Counting on a Biden Win to Change Their Fate” (VICE, November 3, 2020).
The promise of a Democratic president doesn’t represent salvation to the migrants waiting on the border
- Joe Parkin Daniels, “Will the Next Administration Take a New Track on Venezuela Policy?” (Foreign Policy, November 3, 2020).
Either Trump or Biden would face a stalled diplomatic situation when it comes to Venezuela