For the first time since August 7, I’m starting a Monday here in Washington after having worked on Friday here in Washington. This means I won’t be spending as much of this week trying to catch up from travel. My calendar is also lighter.
So this week I hope to:
- Publish an “explainer” about the four bits of border security legislation we have our eye on (the wall, the Border Patrol increase, the ICE deportation force increase, and DACA).
- Do a brief piece on Colombia’s ex-combatant reintegration program (or lack thereof).
- Put together much of a mid-October conference on Colombia.
- Do some sort of comparison of the House and Senate foreign aid bills.
- Write a substantial chunk of a big report on Colombia’s peace process.
- Record a WOLA podcast.
- Record a solo podcast for this site.
That’s a long list for one week; events could sidetrack me. But it’s good to start out ambitiously.