- Santiago Torrado, “Blinken Elogia la Politica Migratoria de Colombia, Que Busca Cerrar las Heridas Abiertas en su Relacion Con Ee Uu” (El Pais (Spain), October 22, 2021).
El secretario de Estado, de visita en Bogotá, se reúne con el presidente Iván Duque, que aún espera un encuentro con Joe Biden
- Nathaniel Janowitz, “El Salvador Just Used Covid to Justify a Ban on Protests” (VICE, October 22, 2021).
President Nayib Bukele is widely popular, but his most recent measure has drawn accusations that he is trying to suppress opposition demonstrations
- Alma Guillermoprieto, “Daniel Ortega and His Ex-Comrades” (The New York Review of Books, October 22, 2021).
Not content with pillaging Nicaragua, the autocratic duumvirate of the Sandinista leader and his wife now cling to power by jailing former allies in the liberation struggle
- ““They Treat You Like You Are Worthless”” (Human Rights Watch, October 22, 2021).
- Kennji Kizuka, Julia Neusner, ““Illegal and Inhumane”: Biden Administration Continues Embrace of Trump Title 42 Policy as Attacks on People Seeking Refuge Mount” (Human Rights First, October 22, 2021).
Nine months after taking office, President Biden’s administration continues to embrace and defend, rather than end, the Trump administration’s “Title 42” policy, which misuses public health authority to violate refugee law, block asylum at U.S. ports of entry, and expel people seeking refuge to danger